Dear Xailer users,
A new version of Xailer 2 Beta is available with important new features that we hope you will enjoy. Despite, this new version includes a complete redesign of the ‘Data controls’ that we expect will not break your actual applications. Is our intention to fix every problem that may arise to make this new design completely compatible with the previous one, so the upgrade to this new version can be done without trouble. But those of you that decide to use this new version must be aware of this possible problem. BTW, we highly appreciate and give thanks in advance to all the users that are willing to test it.
From a functional point of view, the main change is the elimination of the GetValue and SetValue methods on TDataset and TDataField since it also disappears the edit buffer on TDatafield class, at least its direct access. Since now you only need to use the methods FieldGet and FieldPut of the Dataset and the property Value on the TDataField. Another important change that normally will not affect you, is that except on TDbfDataset is necessary to go into Edit mode with the methods Edit or FastEdit to modify any field on the current record
Other important new features are:
- Visual information of modified lines
- Automatic indenting of control strucutres on the code editor (only for PRG)
- On TReport class, support of left and right alignment at the same time on title, header and footer using the separator chars ‘||’
- New method TDataset:GetRow()
- Support of LIMIT clause and ‘DateTime’ fields on TMySQL
- Support of wild card ‘%’ on the TDBBrowse filter bar for any kind of Datasource
- New samples of DataControls and Zip file compression
We have also started to adapt all the Xailer source code to MinGW and PellesC.
We would liked to include the support of the Windows native control ‘ListView’ that is almost completely finish, but we did not have the enough time. Surely it will be ready for next upgrade.
The new install file of Xailer 2 Beta can be downloaded from the following link:
It requires also a new version of xHarbour that can be downloaded from the following link:
We remind you that this version is only available to active registered users. For further information consult the article Xailer 2.0 news and enhancements on this same blog.