Dear Xailer user,
In this new article I want to introduce you to the new controls I have made to improve editing from Xailer and adapt them to Windows 10 and their use with tablets. The original control of Windows suffers from several problems, which are:
- Impossibility to center your text vertically in its container frame, which forced to change the font according to the height of the control to adapt it more or less.
- Impossibility to change the ‘password’ style after the control is created.
- Impossibility to completely change its frame
Also, in Windows 10 we can see how there are new features in some editing controls, such as:
- A help text when control is empty
- An image of a magnifying glass to trigger a search
- An image to erase the contents of the control (very useful with tablets)
- An image to display the contents of a password-type edit control
All of these new features have been incorporated into two new controls: TEditMod and TMemoMod, which of course have their equivalents as DataControls: TDbEditMod and TDbMemoMod. I leave you an image of them:
The painting of the different images that the control shows is completely vectorial using techniques of ‘antialiasing’ that incorporates GDI +.
I hope you like these new control. See you soon!
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga